The Vivreau Complete Water Test Kit is designed to test for alkalinity, chlorine, iron, and most importantly chlorides. Chlorides levels are extremely important for machines with stainless steel boilers as too high of chlorides can cause pitting and deterioration for stainless steel components. This test needs to be used in conjunction with the Vivreau Temporary Hardness Test Kit to determine what kind of filtration system you need.
- 1 x Instruction card with color codes
- 1 x Measured Beaker
- 1 x Chloride dip strip
- 1 x Testing powder packet
- 1 x Total chlorine strip
- 1 x Free chlorine strip
- 1 x Alkalinity strip
Instructions (product images contain instructions)
- Product images include instructions for each of the 5 water tests.
- Product itself comes with an instruction card for each of the 5 tests.
Chloride Test Results
While the other parameters are important, Chloride levels are the most pertinent as they will cause active harm to machines with stainless steel boilers and require specialized filtration to remove.
- Chlorides below 30ppm are acceptable for use with an espresso machine.
- Chlorides levels up to 50ppm can be treated with the Vivreau Purity C Quell ST.
- Chlorides levels between 50ppm-200ppm can be treated with the Vivreau Purity Xtrasafe C1100.
- Chloride levels above 200ppm require reverse osmosis filtration.
Questions on this item? Contact us.